Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You*



It is necessary as a parent to explain to your children the unconditional, ubiquitous and immeasurable love you have for them.  Consistently.  Repeatedly.  They need to hear it, to understand it and to feel it.  As long as I'm still tucking my boys in, we will be reading this book every night. 

Here is some of the beautiful, moving text:  

I wanted you more
than you ever will know
so I sent love to follow
wherever you go.
It's high as you wish it. It's quick as an elf.
You'll never outgrow it...it stretches itself!

So climb any mountain...
climb up to the sky!
My love will find you.
My love can fly!

...

And if someday you're lonely, 
or someday you're sad, 
or you strike out at baseball, 
or think you've been bad...

just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair.
That's me, my sweet baby, my love is right there.

...

My love is so high, and so wide and 
so deep, it's always right there, even 
when you're asleep.

So hold your head high
and don't be afraid
to march to the front
of your own parade.

~ Nancy Tillman





*Do not look for this at your library.  Buy it.



8 comments:

  1. They have this in recordable format now at Hallmark. Bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just purchased this for my son, who is waiting for us in China. I bought the recordable version and shipped it to him at the orphanage so he becomes familiar with our voices - my husband and I took turns reading the text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this for my sister, her two younger children, my parents and myself after the sudden death of my oldest nephew. We all need to be reminded that our love finds him and his love finds us, still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased this book for a baby shower but after reading it I decided that it was meant for my infant grandson, John Pearson Clay. I read it to him every time I went to visit him in the PICU unit of Batson Children's Hospital in Jackson, MS. Quotes from this book were used several times after we lost him on 3/28/14 on their blog
    www.chroniclesofclay. Thanks for sharing.........

    Malinda Clay
    Columbus, Mississippi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crying. Love this. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete